Terms and Conditions
Australia New Zealand Group Services, Inc, hereinafter referred to as “ANZGS” accepts reservations subject to these Booking Conditions:
1. PRICES. Prices are quoted in U.S. dollars. ANZGS reserves the right to change our prices for any reason. All prices have been calculated based on supplier tariffs and rates of currency exchange in effect at the time of booking. Prices will not be changed after full payment has been received by ANZGS for the final invoice amount. Prices do not include taxes and other applicable fees unless specified.
2. DEPOSITS. A minimum non-refundable deposit of US$500 per group is due and payable when reservations are initiated. Additional deposits may be required for certain products and/or services which will be advised to you by your ANZGS reservations agent or travel agent at the time your reservation is processed. A deposit of $100 per person is typically required by the airline(s) within 30 days of ﬂight confirmation to secure the reservation and to guarantee the fare.
3. FINAL PAYMENT. Final payment must be received by ANZGS at least 45 days prior to departure. For reservations made less than 45 days prior to departure, full and final payment is due at the time of making the reservation. Failure to make final payment when due will result in the reservation being automatically canceled and cancellation fees may be applied. Payment of any money constitutes acceptance of all Terms and Conditions as described herein by the purchaser and/or passenger.
4. AIRLINE TICKETING/CANCELLATION. Most airfares used for these vacations are based on Advance Purchase Excursion Fares, and are subject to applicable cancellation penalties and the rules and regulations imposed by each airline. If you cancel your reservation, a cancellation fee will be imposed by the airline of up to 100% of the airfare. Any deviation from the set itinerary may also affect the airfare, and you will be responsible for payment of any increase in the airfare should you change the set itinerary. ANZGS must issue all international and domestic air tickets for your vacation; otherwise a service fee of up to US$150 per person will be added to the vacation price. After the air ticket is written, any change requiring ticket re-issuance (such as a change in travel dates, routing, or name change due to the name provided to ANZGS not being exactly the same as the name on the passport) will be assessed a US$100 change fee plus any change and cancellation penalties charged by the airlines. The airfare excludes Taxes and Fees such as: U.S. Departure and Arrival Taxes, Customs and Immigration Fee, Inspection Service Fee, Civil Aviation Security Fee, September 11 Security Fee, Los Angeles P.F.C. Tax, and International landing and departure taxes. You are responsible for paying such additional Taxes and Fees.
5. LATE BOOKING FEE. A US$50 fee may be levied on bookings requested within 21 days prior to departure to cover communication costs and overnight document delivery fees
6. AMENDMENTS TO CONFIRMED BOOKINGS. After confirmation has been received there is a US$100 amendment fee each time an itinerary is revised. No amendments will be made until a deposit is received. Amendments made after documents have been issued will incur a US$150 fee to cover courier costs, communication costs and additional time to co-ordinate the changes.
7. CANCELLATION FEES. The following cancellation fees will apply on land arrangements based on time before departure that cancellation is advised to ANZGS:
|45 days or more||Loss of deposit|
|Between 44-21 days||20% of total cost|
|Between 20-10 days||35% of total cost|
|Between 9-1 days||60% of total cost|
|Day of departure||100% of total cost|
Each airline has its own cancellation policy based on the type of airfare selected. Specific information will be provided at the time of booking.
8. REFUNDS & UNUSED SERVICES. Travel arrangements cancelled, amended or altered within 24 hours of your departure or once travel has commenced do not qualify for any refund whatsoever, whether part of a package vacation or individual components, nor can components be substituted for alternative arrangements. Unused services are not refundable.
9. PASSPORT/VISAS. All passengers require a valid passport and, in some instances, visas. It is the passenger’s responsibility to have a valid passport and the necessary visas for the countries being visited. ANZGS accepts no responsibility if you do not have the correct documentation for your vacation.
10. WHAT IS NOT INCLUDED: Items of a personal nature such as laundry, drinks, telephone and fax charges, visa and passport fees, vaccinations, meals not specified, gratuities (unless specified), and foreign and domestic departure taxes.
11. ACCOMMODATION. Share twin accommodation is based on two single beds or one double bed as provided by the hotel. Hotels provide triple accommodation generally with a twin or double-bedded room and one rollaway bed at an additional charge. Single room accommodation must be booked by people wishing to travel alone. Special requests such as non-smoking ﬂoors or king-size beds cannot be guaranteed.
12. SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS. a) You, the passenger, or your Travel Agent are responsible for advising us of any special requirements you may have and it is your Travel Agentís responsibility to communicate to you any changes or alterations advised to your Travel Agent by ANZGS. b) It is your responsibility to advise ANZGS or your Travel Agent in writing of any medical condition that may in any way affect your ability or the ability of any member of your traveling party to undertake the travel arrangements that you have purchased. In addition, you must provide to ANZGS or your Travel Agent a letter from your personal physician stating the nature of the medical condition and certifying that you are physically fit to undertake the travel arrangements as purchased. It is then your responsibility or the responsibility of your Travel Agent to provide ANZGS with copies of the letter and to request in writing that ANZGS arrange any special requirements considered necessary. Without such written notice, ANZGS accepts no responsibility for special requirements not provided.45 days or more Loss of deposit Between 44-21 days 20% of total cost Between 20-10 days 35% of total cost Between 9-1 days 60% of total costDay of departure 100% of total cost
13. RESPONSIBILITY. ANZGS purchases transportation, hotel accommodations, restaurant services, and other services from various independent suppliers that are not subject to its control. ANZGS CANNOT, THEREFORE, BE LIABLE FOR ANY PERSONAL INJURY OR PROPERTY DAMAGE, OR ANY OTHER SPECIAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES that may occur due to (a) intentional, wrongful, negligent, or arbitrary acts or omissions on the part of a supplier, its employees and others not under the direct control of ANZGS, or (b) defects or failures of any aircraft, vessel, automotive vehicle or other equipment or instrumentality under the control of independent suppliers. In addition, ANZGS cannot be liable for delays in departure or interruption of your vacation arrangements caused by weather conditions, technical problems of any aircraft, vessel, automotive vehicle or other equipment or instrumentality, strikes, war, terrorist activity, civil commotion, or any causes beyond the control of ANZGS. In no event will ANZGS be responsible for incidental, consequential or special or incidental damage or loss suffered by any person. ANZGS’ maximum liability, for any reason whatsoever, will be limited to the amount paid to ANZGS for its services. In issuing tickets and coupons for transportation of the purchaser by any means, and making arrangements for hotel or other accommodation, ANZGS is not acting as principal but only as agent for the companies, corporations or persons providing or offering the means of transportation and accommodation. To the extent ANZGS shall not be acting as an agent, as stated above, it shall be deemed to be acting as an agent of the purchasers in arranging or booking transportation and accommodation. Airlines and other transportation providers (e.g., motor coach operators) are not liable for any detention, delays, loss, damage, sickness or injury, however or by whomever caused, during the time passengers are not on board their planes or conveyances. The contract of carriage used by such transportation providers when issued shall constitute the sole contract between the transportation providers and the purchaser of these vacation arrangements.
14. TRAVEL INSURANCE. ANZGS recommends you purchase travel insurance that may provide coverage for loss of deposit, cancellation fees, medical expenses, lost baggage and other potential travel-related losses under certain circumstances.. The scope of coverage is subject to the terms and conditions of the insurance policy.
15. IMPORTANT NOTE. We are required under California law to advise you of the following: For passengers located in California only, in the event of ANZGS’ default, you may be eligible for a refund of up to US$15,000 from the California Travel Consumer Restitution Fund. If you were located in California at the time of your purchase, you have a right to make a claim against the fund for a refund of any money paid to ANZGS that is due because of ANZGS bankruptcy, insolvency, cessation of operations, or material failure to provide the transportation or travel services sold. The claim must be filed within six months after the completion date of your travel.
For a claim form and additional information, write to:
Travel Consumer Restitution Corporation
P.O. Box 6001, Larkspur, CA 94977-6001
California law requires certain sellers of travel to have a trust account or bond. This business has a trust account. Registration as a seller of travel does not constitute approval by the State of California. The following and the conditions on any of our brochures are our conditions upon which the contract between us, the seller of travel services, and the passengers may be canceled. Upon cancellation of the transportation or travel services, where you, the customer, are not at fault and have not canceled in violation of the terms and conditions, if any, of the contract for transportation or travel services, all sums paid to ANZGS for services not received by you will be promptly refunded by ANZGS to you unless you otherwise advise ANZGS in writing. California law requires that the following statement be made to customers located outside of California at the time of purchase: This transaction is not covered by the California Travel Consumer Restitution Fund. You are not eligible to file. CST 2077175-40